Rosters are now required for ALL L1 and L2 matches.
If a team cannot provide a roster(any format), the match MUST NOT be played. If the game is an ASSA sanctioned league game, the home club will still pay you for the game in the event the match cannot be played due to a team not providing a roster.
Acceptable forms of a roster are: 1) Paper, ASSA approved 2) PDF of a roster printed thru the teams Gotsoccer account 3) Player list with pictures thru the teams got soccer account on a smart phone. Do not take possession of someone’s phone, have the owner scroll thru the list while you the check in the players.
Now that the Fall Season is upon us, it’s also time to review the Referee Pre-match responsibilities.
Arrive early, 30-45 minutes prior to game time.
- Holes, glass, rocks, debris, etc.
- Goal Inspection Checklist- It is mandatory that all referees, during the pre-match field inspection, follow this checklist.
PRE-MATCH SOCCER GOAL SAFETY CHECKLIST
- Are anchors in place and secured properly to the goal and ground surface?
- If anchor bags are being used, are they in good condition?
- Are anchor bags adequately filled with aggregate (sand, rock, gravel)?
- Are anchor bags placed over the base of the goal frames at the back corners?
- Is all connecting hardware, such as nuts and bolts, in place and secure?
- Has the structural integrity of the goal been compromised?
- Are corner joints secure?
- Is the goal on a level surface?
- Do sharp edges exist in any part of the goal and net attachment
If you as a referee are concerned over the safety of the goal, it is your responsibility to have this remedied prior to starting the match. If your safety concern cannot be remedied, then you are not to start the match. Notify the authority of that competition (club, tournament, etc) of your concerns. DO NOT start the match. The Arkansas State Referee Committee and the Arkansas State Soccer Association will back you 100% if you cannot start a match due to safety concerns.
- Nets (secured, no holes/gaps)
Introduce yourself to the Coaches & Team Managers
Check players equipment
- Shirt, Shorts, Shoes, Socks, Shinguards
- If thermal shorts are worn, they must be the same color as the shorts
- Shin guards must be under the socks.
- Goalkeeper’s shirt must be distinguishable
- Nothing dangerous (in your opinion)
- No jewelry, watches, earrings
Team Rosters and Player Passes
Prior to every match it is your responsibility to check the following:
- Level 3 (Classic): Rosters and Player Passes.
- Adult (7 v 7): Rosters and Player Passes, if the league requires Player Passes
- Adult (11 v 11): Rosters and Player Passes, if the league requires Player Passes
It is the Coaches responsibility to show up with a State Roster and Player Passes (if required, see above).
DO NOT PLAY the match if a team does not have a State Roster and Player Passes (if required, see above)
DO NOT allow someone to play if they are not on the State Roster and do not have a Player Pass (if required, see above)